Thursday, January 28, 2010

Living on a boat

I'm on my boat right now. Not "living" on it, but definitely spending more than 49% of my life at the moment on it.

Very much with you in terms of feelings towards increasing that %'age somewhat.

So many little issues come to mind though when thinking of losing the land based abode...

What about the car?

What about my post? Where will that go?

What about the doc, the dentist, the credit record address list.

I'm very lucky in that my job is totally internet based so I can work anywhere I can get online, which I can do on my boat as you can attest... but even with that, it's not an easy decision.

"Voyaging on a small income" solves all of that tho. I've read it and it's inspiring. But something tells me I need more safety net than the authors have, otherwise I wouldn't enjoy it.

On a little reflection though, maybe that's the point - it HAS to be a challenge to be enough to keep you occupied and interested. If it was easy, you'd get bored bloody quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment